Do you need a leak repaired in your AC, or a filter changed? Or perhaps you need a larger fix, like a new air handler installed. Whatever the problem, trust the work to our AC contractors at City Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning. Our licensed and trained professionals can inspect the problem, diagnose it, and repair it to quickly restore comfort to your home in Crane, Texas.
Read our testimonials to learn why your Crane, Texas neighbors call us when they need AC services.
We provide complete cooling services to Crane, including:
- Commercial heating and cooling services
- Air conditioning repairs and maintenance
- Air conditioning installations and replacements
- Evaporator coil services
- AC refrigerant leak repair services
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- AC filter replacements
- Air handler services
What To Consider When Choosing a New Air Conditioner
When you start shopping for a new air conditioner, it’s important to know what you are looking for in a new system. One of the main questions you will need to answer is how big of a central air conditioning unit you need. Some factors that can go into determining the size of the system include:
- How many bedrooms are in your house.
- The size of your home.
- The type of windows you have – and how much sunlight and heat gets in.
- What type of insulation you have.
- How much sun your house gets.
Call our technicians at City Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning to get help choosing the right-sized unit for your home. We work with Bryant and Mitsubishi Electric units.
4 Steps To Installing an Air Conditioner
When you schedule an AC installation, the technicians will put in a lot of work to ensure the new unit is installed and working correctly. Some steps you can expect our pros to take include:
- Removal of your old system and inspection of your air ducts. Your old system must be removed before the new one can be installed. Once it’s removed, technicians will also inspect the area and check out your air ducts to determine if they need any repairs.
- Install the new system. The installation process can involve adding new piping, electrical, or ductwork, depending on what’s needed to get the new unit properly installed.
- Inspect your thermostat. As part of the installation process, the technicians will take a look at your thermostat and ensure it’s working, or recommend installing a new one. You need a properly working thermostat to keep your new unit working correctly.
- Test the system. Before leaving, the technicians will ensure the system is working properly. They will also make sure you know how to use the unit and will go through maintenance tasks you should perform on the system.
Do you need help paying for a new air conditioner? Ask us about our financing options!
What Impacts the Lifespan of Your Air Conditioner?
When trying to determine if your air conditioner should be repaired or replaced, you should consider how much life your unit has left in it. While most units last around 10 years, other issues can impact the lifespan, including:
- The installation. If your unit was not properly installed, it can shorten the lifespan of the system.
- The amount of wear-and-tear. If your unit is working too hard throughout the season, it can lessen its lifespan.
- The climate. If you are enduring extremely hot temperatures, it can take a toll on your unit.
- The air quality. Poor air quality can cause your unit to fail sooner than expected.