If you notice moisture leaking from your air conditioner or hear odd noises coming from the unit, it can signal your system needs to be repaired. It’s essential to schedule professional repairs at the first signs of a problem to restore comfort to your house as soon as possible. Call City Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning for appointments in Midland, TX. Our AC contractors are available 24/7!
Why do your neighbors in the Midland-Odessa metro area call us for AC services? Read our testimonials to find out!
We provide complete cooling services to Midland, including:
- Commercial heating and cooling services
- Air conditioning repairs and maintenance
- Air conditioning installations and replacements
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- AC filter replacements
- Air handler services
- Evaporator coil services
- AC refrigerant leak repair services
At What Age Might Air Conditioners Need To Be Replaced?
When you purchase a central air conditioning system, you will not know exactly how long your system will last. While it would be nice if your unit came with an expiration date, that is not the case. However, experts can make some estimates. Our technicians say on average, a system will last between 10-15 years.
So, if your unit is around 10 years old, it can be time to start thinking about replacing it. Call our pros at City Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning for services.
Questions To Ask Before Buying a New Air Conditioner
An air conditioner is a large investment. It’s crucial to make sure you are buying the right system for your home before you make the purchase. Our technicians recommend asking the following questions about your unit before you purchase it:
- How big of a unit do I need?
- How energy efficient is the system? What benefits will I experience?
- What technology do I need? What system has that technology?
- How long will it take to install the new unit?
- Who will do the installation?
- What types of units do you sell?
- Do I need a new thermostat?
- What is the total cost estimate?
Is a new air conditioner not in your budget right now? Ask us about our financing options!
How To Prepare For An AC Installation
When you decide to replace your air conditioner, you might immediately start thinking about the installation process. To help you prepare, our technicians have prepared the following tips for what you can do leading up to your installation:
- Learn about your new system so you know what to expect and know what questions to ask your contractor.
- Clean and seal your ducts to prepare them for the installation of a new unit.
- Check the space around where the new system will go to ensure it’s ready for the new unit.
- Clear any obstacles out of the way where the contractors will be working.
At City Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning, we work with Bryant and Mitsubishi Electric units.