In our last post, we discussed some basic things you can do to maintain your HVAC unit. We also talked about things the experts at City Plumbing can do. In this post, we are expanding on that theme: Why regular HVAC inspection is necessary and a benefit to you and your home.
How often is it really necessary to get your HVAC unit checked out? A general rule is once a year. Just a once-over to make sure everything is in working order. Ideally, you’ll check it twice a year…around the times the season changes. So in the fall when you switch from air to heat, and in the spring when you switch from heat to air. Of course, if you notice something wrong, have City Plumbing check it out right away!
Looking for a reason to get your system checked out? Here are just a few:
- Air conditioners: They collect dirt, dust, and debris. You can clear the area around your external unit to keep it running efficiently.
- Make it last: Getting your HVAC maintained regularly will increase its overall lifespan.
- Preventive maintenance: A routine maintenance check could catch something that would have turned into a bigger problem. Damage can be hard to spot if you’re not looking for it regularly.
- Electric bill: Regular maintenance will not only keep you comfortable, but it will also keep your electric bills low.
- Condenser: This is a critical component of your HVAC, and failure to run properly could cause big problems.
- Drainpipe: Along with the condenser, if your drainpipe is blocked, this can cause significant water damage to your home. A simple check can detect and fix the problem.
- Air quality: A clean HVAC will have a significant, positive impact on the air quality in your home.
- Avoid expenses: Routine maintenance can help avoid expensive repairs in the future.
Are you ready to let us give you peace of mind by checking out your HVAC unit? Give us a call at 432-366-2401 to schedule an HVAC inspection today. Give us a call, and we’ll come running!