We’re finally in September! And when it comes to the weather that means one thing: Well, in Texas it means we have at least a couple more months of heat! Just a few weeks ago, we hit 113! The forecast high for the foreseeable future is in the 90’s just about every single day. So if summer is still here, that means it’s still hot. If you need A/C service, City Plumbing is here to serve you!
There are a few ways you can help make sure your A/C stays running strong, even when the weather finally starts to cool down:
- Change your air filter! According to the EPA, you should change the filter at least once every three months! This is especially true when you’re using your A/C (or heat) a lot. So the end of summer is the perfect time for a replacement.
- Clean up your air conditioning unit! We’re talking about on the outside! If you’ve got dust, branches, leaves, weeds, even trash compiling on or near your exterior air conditioning unit, get rid of it! A few minutes can make a big difference. It can get in the way and cause reduced airflow!
- Clean the coils: You can try doing this yourself, but it’s highly recommended you hire a professional if you want the job done right. It’s just one of the services that City Plumbing offers.
- Wrap up summer, get ready for winter: As much as we need the cool in the summer, we need heat in the winter! Making sure your HVAC unit is properly maintained also means it’s ready to heat your home when the time comes.
- Give us a call, and we’ll come running! Call City Plumbing today at 432-366-2401, and make an appointment for seasonal maintenance on your HVAC unit. It’ll keep you comfortable and save you money!